Motion to Adjudicate Guilt

Probation Violation? Call Our Houston Criminal Attorney Today.

Receiving probation instead of a jail sentence is an opportunity for a second chance. You can lose that chance if you violate the terms of your probation, however. If your probation officer filed a motion to adjudicate guilt or motion to revoke probation, call our offices at (855) 510-8946. An aggressive and experienced Houston criminal defense attorney, Jed Silverman may be able to keep you out of jail. Our firm represents people charged with crimes in Harris County and throughout Texas. We will be happy to discuss your case during a confidential consultation.

Probation Violations & Deferred Adjudication

Deferred adjudication is usually for first-time offenders and people charged with less serious misdemeanors. Accepting deferred adjudication means that you plead guilty to the criminal charge and the judge defers a finding of guilt. If you successfully complete deferred adjudication probation, the court will dismiss the charge against you.

Violation of any of the terms of your deferred adjudication probation, however, will result in a motion to adjudicate guilt. If the state can prove that you violated your deferred adjudication probation, you can be sentenced to the maximum penalty for the original criminal offense you were charged with.

Probation violations range from minor technical infractions to the commission of an additional crime. They can include:

  • Failure to pay court fines and fees
  • Failure to report to your probation officer
  • Failure to complete court-ordered community service
  • Failure to take drug and alcohol tests
  • Testing positive for drugs or alcohol
  • Failure to get or keep a steady job
  • Failure to undergo court-ordered counseling or treatment
  • Committing another crime

In some cases, we can clear up the matter by addressing the violation. For example, if you pay fines, complete your community service or take a court-ordered class, the judge may decide not to sentence you for your original offense. To discuss what steps we can take in your individual situation, contact our offices at (855) 510-8946.

Act Fast to Protect Your Future

During your time of need, our legal team stands ready to fight for you. Give our firm a call at (855) 510-8946 to speak directly to a professional, or simply fill out the form below.

Send My Information

Visit One of Our Five Office Locations

For the convenience of our clients, we have five different offices throughout the state. Find the office nearest you and schedule your meeting with us!

  • Houston Office

    1221 Studewood, Suite 200, Houston, TX 77008
    Open Map

    Phone: 855.510.8946

  • Austin Office

    1301 Nueces Street, Suite 200, Austin, TX 77511
    Open Map

    Phone: 512.686.5184

  • Richmond Office

    201 South 11th Street, Richmond, TX 77469
    Open Map

    Phone: 281.936.0879

  • El Paso Office

    2301 Montana Ave, El-Paso, TX 79903
    Open Map

    Phone: 575.449.3332

  • Alvin Office

    1520 East Highway 6, Alvin, TX 77511
    Open Map

    Phone: 346.444.9165

  • pin
  • pin
  • pin
  • pin
  • pin