Houston DWI Attorney
At the Law Offices of Jed Silverman, we answer questions everyday from people whom have been charged with DWI, or whom think they may be charged. It makes sense that people call us first. After all, attorney Jed Silverman has earned a reputation as one of the Houston area's most prominent DWI defense attorneys. It is understandable that you may have questions about what they should do and what they shouldn't do. The police certainly aren't going to tell you, and the laws are often confusing and complex.
Free Consultation · Se Habla Español · Statewide Representation
No matter where you are in the legal process, there are some common mistakes that we don't want you to make. They include:
- Voluntarily submitting to a breath test or blood test: The police want you to believe that things will go easier if you volunteer to give them the evidence they are looking for. Remember, in most cases, the breath or blood test results are the only evidence they have to mount their case against you.
- If you took the test, don't panic: Even if you took the test and the results showed that you were above .08 BAC, it doesn't mean the evidence will be admissible in court. There are many reasons the breath test or blood test may be invalid. Remember, a plea arrangement with the prosecutor is the same as a conviction on your record. Don't give up. We never do.
- Not having your attorney present at the Administrative License Revocation hearing: Losing your driver's license is often the biggest part of the penalty for a DWI charge. It is also the opening shot in the battle to defend yourself against the charges. As your attorney, Jed Silverman will prepare a strong case for your right to continue driving. Often times, winning the ALR part of the case means winning the criminal part of the case, as well.
- Hiring an inexperienced lawyer: Too many lawyers claim they handle DWI cases. The truth is, DWI cases are complicated and require an in-depth understanding of the court system and process. A solid defense means knowing what strategies will work with the prosecutor and judge involved in your case. Jed Silverman has devoted his entire career to DWI and criminal defense in courts throughout Texas.
- Not getting your lawyer the right information: Hiring a defense lawyer means you will be developing a strong, trusting relationship. When your lawyer needs personal information and records, respond quickly and accurately. If you're not willing to work with your attorney, you are putting yourself at a distinct disadvantage.
- Not telling your lawyer about medical issues: Often times, the side effects of legal medications can be confused with intoxication. If you are on any kind of medication, or suffer any kind of medical condition, your lawyer may be able to cast reasonable doubt on whether you were driving while intoxicated.
DWI Mistakes Don't Have to Be Fatal to Your Defense Case
The Law Offices of Jed Silverman is ready to start fighting to protect your future. The right drunk driving defense lawyer will make a significant difference in the outcome of your case. Don't give up, no matter how hard the police and prosecutor are pressuring you. You have the law on your side and your rights are worth fighting for.
From our offices in Houston, attorney Jed Silverman represents clients in courts throughout Texas. Right now, you need an experienced lawyer to protect your rights and your future. Start by calling us at (713) 226-8800 or contact us by e-mail right away.Click Here For A Free Case Evaluation