If you have been charged with DWI in or near Houston or Pasadena, Texas, and wonder what to do next, you have taken the first, most important step. Looking for a lawyer shows that you care and are ready to fight. Your legal situation is urgent if you care about your driving privileges, your reputation, your freedom and your future.
Protect Your Driving Privileges
Your first order of business in responding to drunk driving charges should be to request an administrative hearing to recover or restore your driving privileges. You have a very short period of time in which to request this hearing. If you do not, you may automatically lose your driving privileges for several months.
An experienced DWI attorney at the Law Offices of Jed Silverman in Houston can advise and assist you in protecting your rights and your driver's license. Attorney Jed Silverman is ready to educate you and speak on your behalf at your driver's license suspension hearing before the Texas State Department of Public Safety.
Explore Avenues of Defense
Your next order of business will be to collaborate with your DWI defense lawyer in a thorough investigation into the drunk driving charges.
- Was the traffic stop legal?
- Did you refuse the Breathalyzer test?
- Did the arresting officer inform you of your right to an attorney before administering field sobriety tests?
- Were the field sobriety tests and/or the chemical tests reliable and verifiable?
- If your arrest is on the basis of chemical tests (breath, urine or blood), can police account for the chain of custody of the evidence?
Rest assured that with Harris County DWI lawyer Jed Silverman on your side, your case will be in good hands. Call our law firm today to learn how Mr. Silverman can help you fight potential penalties of a DUI conviction:
- Driver's license suspension or revocation
- $3,000 driver's license reinstatement fee
- Time in jail
- Probation if you are fortunate enough not to be sent to jail
- Interlocking device requirement
Contact a Houston or Pasadena Drunk Driving Lawyer Today
If you have been arrested on charges of drunk driving, the Law Offices of Jed Silverman is ready to stand up for your rights. Contact us today by e-mail or by telephone at (713) 226-8800. Our convenient location in the Historic Heights neighborhood offers free parking. Initial consultations are free, and are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.Click Here For A Free Case Evaluation