Cocaine Defense Lawyer in Houston, TX
Harris County Drug Crime Attorney
Perhaps no illegal narcotic has attracted more attention in the Texas legislature and courts than crack cocaine. Police arrest people for the smallest hint of cocaine possession, and prosecutors are quick to add charges of intent to distribute or sell. Oftentimes, federal prosecutors want in on the act too, if there is any suspicion that the narcotics were intended for transportation across state lines or originated across the Mexican border.
If you are facing charges for drug crimes such as felony cocaine possession, or are under investigation for trafficking or intent, you are facing a mandatory prison sentence if convicted. And, make no mistake - accepting a plea agreement from a prosecutor is a conviction that will stay on your record forever.
The Law Offices of Jed Silverman is ready to fight aggressively to help you get the best possible outcome for your charges. Whenever possible, we work toward having your charges dismissed or reduced to a non-felony charge. Attorney Jed Silverman is experienced and knowledgeable about diversion programs and strategies that protect your rights and your freedom. Our firm is recognized by prosecutors and judges for our integrity and hard work on behalf of clients.
Call Our Team at (713) 597-2221
As your attorney, Jed Silverman will look beneath the surface. He will investigate topics such as:
- Civil rights violations: Did the police have probable cause for suspecting you possessed a controlled substance?
- Legal rights: Did the police have a legally obtained warrant for search and seizure of your property?
- Reasonable doubt: Is there reasonable doubt that the narcotics actually belonged to you?
- Police evidence: How credible and accurate was the police report?
- Your story: Good people who made bad mistakes don't belong in jail. Do you have a prior record of drug possession? What are the circumstances of your life? We'll tell your story.
Contact our offices today for a confidential review of your cocaine or other drug charges with an experienced drug crime attorney in Houston.