Board Certified Criminal Defense Lawyer Harris County
Representing the Accused Throughout Houston & Statewide
The Law Offices of Jed Silverman is a criminal defense law firm representing accused people in the Houston area, in Harris County, and throughout Texas. Led by attorney Jed Silverman – a Board Certified Criminal Law Specialist by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization – our firm is knowledgeable, aggressive, and possesses a sophisticated understanding of criminal law. We strive for success in every case we handle, including the full range of state and federal crimes.
Through the more than 3,000 cases our firm has handled, we are committed to going above and beyond for our clients. When we investigate a case, we intensely scrutinize the facts and have come to understand that the information contained in police reports is often quite different from what actually happened at the scene of an alleged crime. Once we uncover the truth, we work hard to put together strategic legal defenses based on the evidence. When necessary, we call upon the services of forensic evidence specialists, private investigators, and other professionals to support a case and challenge the version of events presented by the prosecutor. We leave no stone unturned in pursuing the best results possible for our clients.
Our Services & Practice Areas in Harris County, TX
The Law Offices of Jed Silverman can aggressively defend your rights and freedom at all stages of the legal process. We have experience litigating in federal, state and municipal courts throughout Texas. Our firm may be able to assist you with cases involving:
- Driving while intoxicated: Whether a first-time offense or a repeat DWI, and whether there were children in the back seat or an underage driver at the wheel, Jed Silverman can fight to keep your record as clean as possible. By challenging field sobriety and breath tests, as well as the necessity for the blood sample the police obtained from you, our firm can help you keep your license and defend against charges of intoxication assault and manslaughter.
- State and federal drug charges: Have you been charged with possession of marijuana, cocaine, methamphetamines or prescription drugs? Have you been accused of drug manufacturing with the intent to distribute? From school zones to the privacy of your own home, we can work to ensure that your constitutional rights are not and were not violated by the police.
- Fraud and white collar crimes: A Houston criminal defense lawyer at our firm may be able to assist you in the face of charges involving mortgage, bank, credit card or insurance fraud. If you have been arrested for identity theft, either as a cybercrime or due to check forgery, we have the knowledge and skill to represent you effectively and vigorously. For cases of money laundering, embezzlement and employee pilferage, call today.
- Sex offenses: Sexual offenses such as assault and rape, as well as prostitution and online solicitation, are taken very seriously by Texas law enforcement. This is especially true for offenses against children, such as child pornography or statutory rape. If you have been hit with false or trumped-up allegations about your behavior, we at the Law Offices of Jed Silverman may be able to help.
- Theft crimes, property crimes, and violent crimes: We defend Texans facing allegations of burglary, robbery, breaking and entering and arson. We also stand by those accused of violent crimes, such as aggravated assault during a bar fight, weapons charges, manslaughter or murder. If you are under investigation for domestic violence or assaulting a family member, come in to discuss your case with one of our legal professionals immediately.
What Does It Mean to Work With a Board Certified Specialist?
When criminal allegations put your freedom and future on the line, you want to be sure the lawyer you choose has the experience and skill to make the difference in your case. Testimonials and case results are a strong indicator of an attorney’s abilities, but they may not always paint a full picture. Certification from a respected legal authority is a more objective and reassuring distinction.
Our firm is fortunate to be led by Attorney Jed Silverman, a Board Certified Criminal Law Specialist by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization. Board certification is an achievement held by a select group of lawyers. It is a mark of excellence that helps consumers in need of legal representation choose a trusted lawyer who has been formally recognized for their mastery of a specific area of law.
Here’s why you can trust a Board Certified Lawyer:
- Of the nearly 100,000 licensed lawyers in Texas, only 7,150 are Board Certified.
- Board Certified lawyers are recognized as experts in their field.
- Board Certification requires ongoing education and assessment.
- The TBLS is a subsidiary of the State Bar of Texas, and is intended to be used as an objective resource for legal consumers who want exceptional representation.
If you or a loved one are facing criminal allegations in Houston or anywhere in Texas – including the even the most serious felony or federal charges – place you trust in a recognized and regarded attorney like Jed Silverman.
Call For a FREE Consultation with a Houston Criminal Attorney
In addition to criminal defense, we also offer legal representation for individuals hoping to appeal a conviction or seek an expunction or non-disclosure (sealing) of their criminal record. From our offices in Houston, attorney Jed Silverman represents clients in courts throughout Texas.
Right now, you need an experienced lawyer to protect your rights and your future. Start by contacting our firm at (713) 597-2221 today.