Houston Prostitution Defense Attorney
Experienced Defense for Sex Crimes in Houston, TX
Prostitution is any sexual conduct in return for a fee. Although criminalized in Texas Penal Code Sec. 43.02, anyone accused of prostitution or soliciting prostitution remains innocent under the law until proven guilty. That person has the right to an attorney and the right to due process under the law. The Law Offices of Jed Silverman provides tough defense for those facing prostitution charges, so contact the firm today for a free review of your legal rights and options!
Is prostitution a misdemeanor or a felony in Texas?
Prostitution is a Class B misdemeanor, but there are three exceptions:
- If the defendant has been convicted for prostitution 1-2 times before, it will be a Class A misdemeanor
- If the defendant has previously been convicted 3-4 times for prostitution, it will be a state jail felony
- If the defendant solicited an individual for prostitution who was younger than 18 or who they believed to be under 18, prostitution can be charged as a felony of the second degree
Statewide Representation for Prostitution / Solicitation
If you have been charged with prostitution or solicitation of a prostitute, fight vigorously to protect your rights and your future. At The Law Offices of Jed Silverman, we have earned our reputation as aggressive defenders of people's constitutional rights after being arrested for a sex crime. We also accept cases involving charges of:
- Sec. 43.03 “Promotion of Prostitution”
- Sec. 43.04 “Aggravated Promotion of Prostitution”
- Sec. 43.05 “Compelling Prostitution”
Were You Arrested in a Police Sting Operation?
Were you arrested in a police sting of a massage parlor? Massage parlors are legal in Texas. Oftentimes, evidence gathered in a police sting operation is not. Our focus is on getting the offense dismissed or reduced to a non-sex crime. Contact us if you have been arrested in a massage parlor in Houston.
We aggressively defend the rights and freedom of people accused of all types of sex crimes, including:
- Prostitution and solicitation
- Public lewdness, indecent exposure
- Online solicitation and other internet sex crimes
- Sexual assault, rape, statutory rape
- All other sex offenses
Contact a Houston Prostitution Defense Attorney
Houston prostitution attorney Jed Silverman represents clients in courts throughout Texas. Right now, you need an experienced lawyer to protect your rights and your future. Start by calling us at (713) 597-2221 or contact us by e-mail right away.