Houston Criminal Defense Attorney

Motions to Adjudicate Guilt in Houston

Probation Violation Consequences Texas

Receiving probation instead of a jail sentence is an opportunity for a second chance. However, you can lose that chance if you violate the terms of your probation. If your probation officer filed a motion to adjudicate guilt or motion to revoke probation, our experienced Houston lawyer, Jed Silverman, may be able to keep you out of jail. Our firm represents the criminally charged in Harris County and throughout Texas.

We will be happy to discuss your case during a confidential consultation. Call today at (713) 597-2221.

What is Deferred Adjudication Probation?

Deferred adjudication is usually for first-time offenders and people charged with less serious misdemeanors. Accepting deferred adjudication means that you plead guilty to the criminal charge and the judge defers a finding of guilt. If you successfully complete deferred adjudication probation, the court will dismiss the charge against you.

Deferred Adjudication Probation Violation

Violation of any of the terms of your deferred adjudication probation, however, will result in a motion to adjudicate guilt. If the state can prove that you violated your deferred adjudication probation, you can be sentenced to the maximum penalty for the original criminal offense you were charged with.

What is Considered Violation of Probation?

Probation violations range from minor technical infractions to the commission of an additional crime. They can include the following:

  • Failure to pay court fines and fees
  • Failure to report to your probation officer
  • Failure to complete court-ordered community service
  • Failure to take drug and alcohol tests
  • Testing positive for drugs or alcohol
  • Failure to get or keep a steady job
  • Failure to undergo court-ordered counseling or treatment
  • Committing another crime

Representation for Motion to Adjudicate Guilt

In some cases, we can clear up the matter by addressing the violation. For example, if you pay fines, complete your community service or take a court-ordered class, the judge may decide not to sentence you for your original offense. It is critical that you seek legal assistance as soon as possible to potentially increase your chances of a successful outcome.

Discuss what steps we can take in your situation, contact us at (713) 597-2221.

We Build Trust

Our Past Clients Share Their Experience
  • “Mr. Silverman made me feel comfortable the moment I met him. He took my case seriously and believed in me. I highly recommend him and his team.”

    - Mike Gonzales
  • “I worked with them from 2018 to 2022 on multiple cases and they were able to reach favorable outcomes for each of my cases.”

    - Michael Mancha
  • “Both charges against me were dismissed and they kept me informed throughout the entire process. I will be forever grateful to Mr. Silverman and his entire staff.”

    - Fernando Bernal
  • “The first day I met with Jed I felt I was in good hands. He talked with confidence made me feel at ease and conducted business like a true gentleman.”

    - Andre Williams
  • “Not only will they fight for you, they will also care about your case. They truly exceeded our expectations and we are so grateful.”

    - Tamara Bluntson

Established & Respected

Have an Award-Winning Team on Your Side
  • Best Lawyers in America
  • Super Lawyers
  • The National Trial Lawyers
  • Avvo 10.0 Rating 2015
  • National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
  • Avvo Client's Choice - Criminal Defense

Contact Us

Act Fast to Protect Your Future
  • Please enter your first name.
  • Please enter your last name.
  • Please enter your phone number.
    This isn't a valid phone number.
  • Please enter your email address.
    This isn't a valid email address.
  • Please make a selection.
  • Please enter a message.